P.E days from 8th of March 2021
Physical Education at St John’s Church of England Infants School
All children at St John’s C of E Infants School receive up to 2 hours of P.E or physical activity per week. Our aim is to develop a natural enthusiasm for movement and to understand the importance of physical activity for a healthy lifestyle. We are committed to healthy living and healthy eating.
Our P.E coordinator is Miss Spencer (Year R class teacher) has a sports background and many fun and exciting ideas for developing the children's physical health. Also, we are lucky to have a Sports coach (Gary) who visits our school once a week to coach the children in sports like football, rugby and tennis. They all love it!
Throughout the year, the children will have experiences in gymnastics, dance and outdoor games and swimming (Year 2 only). In the early years, physical development is very important too. Activities that allow the children to develop both their gross and fine motor skills are implemented into the daily timetable as they are so beneficial for children of this age group.
We are also part of the Greenacre School Sports Partnership. They provide us with support in:
- delivering quality P.E lessons
- running after school clubs
- providing resources
- providing advice
We have an annual sports day where all children participate and occasionally sponsored obstacle races to raise money for good causes.
Finally, we have after school clubs which run throughout the year for year 1 and 2 in dance and multi-skills in the summer terms.
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding for P.E and sport. The funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of P.E and sport provision.
Improving Physical Education at St John’s CEVC Infants School
At St John’s C of E Infants School we intend to use our funding to:
- Maintain our support from The Greenacre School Sports Partnership.
- They will continue to support us in the delivery of quality P.E lessons.
- Co-ordinate Balanceability sessions with year 1 & 2.
- They will provide trampolining sessions for Year 1 & 2 at Greenacre School.
- They will provide an afterschool club for two terms in the year.
- They provide training for the Mini Sports Crew for year 2 children.
- They provide resources for lesson planning for all year groups.
- Aim to take part in at least one interschool competition in the year.
- Continue to provide swimming for the year 2 children.
- To fund a Health and Fitness Week in school.
- To improve and maintain resources.
- To provide afterschool clubs