Physical Education at St John’s C of E Infants School
All children at St John’s C of E Infants School receive up to 2 hours P.E or physical activity per week. Our aim is to develop a natural enthusiasm for movement and to understand the importance of physical activity for a healthy lifestyle. We are committed to healthy living and healthy eating.
Throughout the year the children will have experiences in gymnastics, dance and outdoor games and swimming. (Year 2 only)
We are also part of the Greenacre School Sports Partnership. They provide us with support in:
- delivering quality P.E lessons
- running after school clubs
- providing resources
- providing advice
We have an annual sports day where all children participate.
We have afterschool clubs which run throughout the year for year 1 and 2 in dance and multi skills in the summer terms.
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding for P.E and sport. The funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of P.E and sport provision.
Improving Physical Education at St John’s CEVC Infants School
At St John’s C of E Infants School we intend to use our funding to:
- Maintain our support from The Greenacre School Sports Partnership.
- They will continue to support us in the delivery of quality P.E lessons.
- Co-ordinate Balanceability sessions with year 1 & 2.
- They will provide trampolining sessions for Year 1 & 2 at Greenacre School.
- They will provide an afterschool club for two terms in the year.
- They provide training for the Mini Sports Crew for year 2 children.
- They provide resources for lesson planning for all year groups.
- Aim to take part in at least one interschool competition in the year.
- Continue to provide swimming for the year 2 children.
- To fund a Health and Fitness Week in school.
- To improve and maintain resources.
- To provide afterschool clubs